Outfit design for the embassy representatives of the German Embassy during the Celebration of Thai Silk Event in Bangkok.
“In 2019, participation included 33 ambassadors, 30 spouses and 26 embassy representatives. In preparation for this event, more than 6,000 meters of Royal Thai Silk were shipped around the world.”
- Project: “10th Celebration of Silk: Thai Silk Road to the World 2020” on 06.12.2020 in the Thai Royal Navy Convention Hall in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Collection name: Ludwig II. meets Thai Silk
- Details: The Celebration of Silk is an annual event organized in Bangkok since 2010 in honor of Her Majesty Queen Sirikit, the Queen Mother. This collaboration between the Thai Tourist Assistance Foundation and the Foreign Diplomatic Corps Bangkok aims to provide a platform for traditional Thai silk to be combined with modern designs from around the world. During this event, designers of various nationalities create outfits made of royal Thai silk for their respective ambassadors, their spouses or the embassy representatives. Every year, foreign representatives grace the catwalk wearing selected Thai silk.
- Participating Embassy Representatives: Jan Scheer, Permanent Representative and Head of the Economic Section, German Embassy Bangkok + his spouse Florian Scheer
- Collection scope: 2 outfits consisting of 5 parts
- Fashion show: 06.12.2020, Thai Royal Navy Convention Hall, Bangkok